• Tuesday 8pm – Intermediate level - Studio 1 Jacksons Lane - with Briony
Suitable for participants with several years dance experience.
• Wednesday 7pm - Beginners to General level - Studio 1 Jacksons Lane - with Briony
Suitable for dancers with a little or no experience in dance. Who are looking for enjoyment, exercise and to learn basic street dance moves and routines. Also a good starting point for people who are returning to dance.
Dance balance is a class that fuses acrobatics with balance and dance. We spend time in the class learning balances, tricks and then pair it with dance choreography to create a new style of movement that is powerful, exciting and versatile. This class will be great for strengthening your body, working with others and learning a new style of movement that you can fuse with street and contemporary music.
Most work will be delivered on mats in bare feet but some sessions may develop into floor work with trainers, when we prepare for performances.
• Tuesday 7pm - All level - Studio 1 Jacksons Lane - with Mimosa
Our Contemporary classes are a fusion of Contemporary, Jazz and Hip Hop dance depending on the song choice and focus of the sessions. Students will work on their technique; contraction, release, turnout, foot alignment, turns, spins and floor work. Learning choreography, travelling sequences, creative tasks and exploring movement.
• Wednesday 6pm - All Level - Studio 2 Jacksons Lane - with Eleni
• Wednesday 8pm – General to Intermediate level - Studio 1 Jacksons Lane - with Briony
This class is a suitable level for everyone. A high energy Dancehall workout, perfect for anyone wishing to work on their stamina and fitness level. Pachelle will teach you authentic dancehall moves to develop your dance style. This class is alot of fun, sweat and swag. The classes are for young people and adults.
• Saturdays 12.30pm - Beginner to General Level - Drama Studio, Arts Depot - with Pachelle
This class is suitable for people with some experience in dance (not suitable for complete beginners). The Urban Lyrical class combines Contemporary dance with Street dance with lyrical movement. Using the words and emotions of the music and the theme of the dance choreography. The classes are for young people and adults, typical age of participants are from 13 yrs to 40+ adults.
• Saturdays 1.30pm - General to Intermediate Level - Drama Studio, Arts Depot - with Eleni
• Saturdays 2.30pm - All Level - Drama studio, Arts Depot - with Eleni
Our Urban Lyrical classes are a fusion of Urban, Hip-Hop, Jazz and Contemporary dance depending on the song choice and focus of the sessions. Students will work on their technique; contraction, release, turnout, foot alignment, turns, spins, jumps and floor work. Learning choreography, travelling sequences, creative tasks and exploring movement.
• Saturdays 3.30pm - All Level - Drama studio, Arts Depot - with Eleni
All street dance styes: Locking, Popping, Breaking, Tutting, Wackin, Krumping, House, Dancehall and Commercial.
Facebook: Give Into Dance
Give into Dance runs classes throughout the academic year which are divided into three dance terms. Spring - January to March, Summer - April to July, Autumn - September to December. Each term payments are due and collected at the first class of the new dance term.
New students may pay for one class (£8) as a trial before committing to attending a regular class for the full term. New students are welcome to join at the beginning of each new term.
• £100 for the full dance term - 1 class per week
• £150 for the full dance term - 2 classes per week (2nd class half price)
• £200 for the full dance term - 3 classes per week (2nd & 3rd class half price)
* Siblings receive a 10% discount off term fees however this only applies to both students attending one class a week payments.
Example: 2 sibling students attending, 1 class per week = £180 for the full dance term.
Please contact Briony to check availability in the class you wish to attend and to be added to the class register.
New students are welcome to join at the beginning of each new term.
When you turn up to your very first class you will be asked to fill in a registration form. You can also pre register online beforehand (click the green button below).
The online registration form does not reserve your place in the class. You must specify which class you wish to join by contacting Briony. If you are under 18 years old attending classes for children and young people.
Anything you can move in, loose comfortable clothing e.g T-shirt/vest/tracksuit bottoms/leggings etc.
Bare feet for Contemporary Fusion and trainers for Street Dance, Urban Lyrical and Dancehall.
Bring water with you to every dance class.